Monday, 02 February 2015, 10:00 am
Updated On, Monday, 23 April 2018, 10:00 am
1. Consumer can make the online payment from the consumer portal between 1st and 25th of every month
2. Consumer Prepares his bill himself as LED follow Self-reading. There is no prior bill prepared by the department.
3. Consumer cannot prepare his bill giving a lower reading than the surprise-check reading, if any.
4. SD Deficit (Result of Once-a-year SD review in April) posted against consumers can also be paid online as a separate e-payment. SDD will not be clubbed with Monthly Bills, as bills are prepared based on the consumer supplied readings. Please note either Bill or SDD the amounts below Rs 20 cannot be paid thru e-payment. For such payments you have to contact the LED counters.
5. Following are the payment charges levied upon the consumer, extra to the billing amount for online payments.
Fees (Excluding Applicable Taxes)
Internet Banking Payment
Rs. 5 for transaction amount upto Rs. 500.
Rs. 10 for transaction amount above Rs. 500.
Debit Card Payment
0.9% of the transaction amount (It is NIL for transactions
upto Rs 2000 for next 2 years. Above Rs 2000, it is 0.9%)
Credit Card Payment
1.00% of the transaction amount.
Rs 10 or 1.5% of the transaction amount whichever is lower
Rs. 5 for transaction amount upto Rs. 5000
Rs. 7 for transaction amount from Rs. 5,001 to Rs 25,000
Rs. 8 for transaction amount from Rs. 25,001 to Rs 50,000
Rs. 9 for transaction amount from Rs. 50,001 to Rs 1,00,000
Rs 5 per payment for any transaction
0.25% (minimum charge of Rs. 1) for transaction amount
upto Rs.2000 (It is NIL for transactions upto Rs 2000
for next 2 years)
Rs. 7.50 for transaction amount above Rs. 2000
This Terms & Conditions is subject to change at any time and we recommend that you review it regularly for changes. Please address your queries to lk-ktelect(a)nic(dot)in